For those of you who don't watch Glee, I am in LOVE with it! The past couple of weeks it has been really touching and I have teared up/cried on a few occasions. Many of you may not know, but I have a passion for working with people with disabilities and advocating for these people. This show has been so good at portraying people with disabilities correctly and helping the viewers see them differently. I am so impressed with the show and all they have done so far.
This past week's episode was AMAZING!!! They had a glee group from a deaf school come and perform and they did John Lennon's "Imagine" in both sign and they had one boy say the words. It was beautiful, and then the main characters began singing along with it and man I was donezo from there. I can't stop listening to it, and after much searching I finally found a video of it. Follow this link if you're interested, and you are sure to be touched by such a beautiful performance.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/GummyBearMob/videos/37/#
I have been taking a Deaf Education class this term for my major and I have learned so much about people who are deaf and hard of hearing. I had always thought that they had a disability, but through the course I've realized that in reality people who are deaf don't have a disability, but instead are just different than people who are hearing. They may need other accommodations in order to help in certain situations, but who doesn't need accommodations in their life? I have just been touched learning about people who are deaf and hard of hearing and I would love to get to work with children in my profession who are deaf as well.
There's a little spill of my feelings on the topic, and in all honestly I could go on for hours about people with disabilities, they truly do hold a special place in my heart. I hope you enjoyed the video, it was just too awesome not to share! And watch Glee, it's GREAT!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Da! You are amazing! I loved this post, and I watched the link. Wow it was amazing as well. I loved it and it really hit home because of my mom's side of the family being all deaf. You have such a heart girl, i truly admire that about you! I love you! I am mad we didn't play over thanksgiving break, next time you just fly down for fun, please call and lets play! Hope things are going well!
ReplyDeleteAmanda! yes, long time no talk! :) Looks like you are doing well! I have to say I'm quite impressed, I know you'll change many lives with that passionate heart of yours!
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the rose bowl... I actually had no idea you were in Oregon! That's great! I love Oregon, it's where lots of my family is from, so I'll definitely be cheering for both sides ;) Hopefully you guys don't clobber us too badly, my husband and I have both admitted that you are the better team :) I can't wait until Jan. 2nd when we are friends again ;)