CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Watch Yo Back, Here Comes the Wind!!

Well I'm sure all of you who read this experienced or heard of the crazy windstorm Davis County had Thursday morning. Needless to say, I woke up around 6 when I started hearing crazy things crash into our house, windows break, and things ripping off our roof. Joey however, was on Nyquil due to his cold, so he slept through the whole darned thing! I got up and was looking out of windows, finally around 7am I woke Joe up because I watched our garbage cans blow down the road. So we went out there to retrieve them and move some of our patio furniture into our garage. No joke, as we were moving the chairs into the garage the wind literally swept my glasses off of my face, and I was frozen because the wind was pushing against me so hard I couldn't move. It was a scary moment for me! After that, we hunkered back inside and watched out the window at the destruction. Once we thought it was safe to go back outside again I decided to take video of the damage done to our house. 








Yeah at the time of recording we didn't know that it was two of our windows that had been shattered and were now lying all over the grass. So that afternoon we both were able to get off work and my awesome mom and us cleaned up the back yard of all the glass, shingles, etc. Since we had been out of power since 7:30am, we decided to head to a friend's house to hang out and let our pups roam their backyard since we couldn't let him out in ours due to the lack of fence. I believe the power came back on at our house at 8:30 that night. 


And while I was sick about the stuff done to our house, and about our power being out, driving through the rest of Farmington and main street in Kaysville broke my heart. Seeing all of those big trees completely uprooted, people losing not only shingles, but the siding on their houses, and some people who completely lost roofs to the point where you could see inside their house. It was so sad, and it made me think I am so glad I don't live in tornado country, or places where stuff like this happens all the time. 


So why post this now? Well we're gearing up for round 2 tonight. And while the news had said the winds shouldn't be as bad, there is a snowstorm coming along with it, a whiteout actually, so to say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. But at least this time were ready, we stored everything that could possibly blow away into the garage and my parents are kindly going to place boards across our broken windows in hopes that it'll prevent further breakage. I've got the candles and flashlights ready in case another probable power outage ensues. 


So wish us luck, and I can only hope that not as much damage and destruction happens this time around, not only for us, but everyone who was effected by Thursdays wind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones