CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't Forget to Remember Me

Well I did it! I graduated from the University of Oregon! It's sort of surreal because I feel like I just graduated high school, just started at the University of Utah, and just barely transferred up to University of Oregon. But nay, it has been several years since all of that! I was very excited for graduation and for my family to come out and see me! Originally it was just supposed to be my mom, dad and Missy, but then I received a great surprise! Saturday afternoon I was told by Joey to hurry and get ready because he wanted to go to the mall and get his dad an Oregon baseball cap before they arrived! So I hurried to get ready and when I was all ready Joey told me that he changed his mind and we didn't have time to get to the mall. So we were sitting watching the NCAA track meet and the World Cup when my apartment door suddenly opened. Needless to say I was freaked out because no one should have been walking into my apartment. In walked my sister Nicole and her husband Kurtis. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say and my eyes definitely filled up with tears. They had planned on coming to my graduation and to Oregon for the weekend way back in March and no one in my family had any idea! The only one who knew was Joey and he kept it a secret the entire time! It was an amazing surprise and I'm so glad they were able to come!

While my family was there we packed and cleaned up my apartment which was not so grand. But we decided to go to the coast on Sunday which was beautiful even though it was quite windy and cold. For lunch we went to this place called Mo's that was a seafood restaurant, and while I don't like seafood, I had an amazing grilled cheese sandwich and the location was beautiful! It was a lot of fun to spend the day at the coast with my family!





Monday June 14th, aka graduation day, was amazing! Although the cottonwood trees were making themselves known by turning my eyes all red and satanic. It started out by going to Joe's sociology graduation. It was great to see him and his friend Carson graduate together after they met freshmen year in the dorms. Oh and p.s. a guy proposed to a girl in Joey's major while she walked to get her diploma, needless to say all the girls swooned, and I thought of proposing to Joey there too! :)



Joe and his friend Carson

Joe and his family
Me with the Ropolos

Joe with the Bevans

After Joe's graduation was mine, it was hot outside and I shouldn't have worn my awesome heels, even though they are yummy! My feet were hurting and I decided to just go barefoot after I walked and got my diploma. My graduation was for the entire college of education, rather than just my major, but it was a lot of fun! The girls in my major decided we would decorate our caps, so I blinged mine out and my dad of course helped with the message I put on mine! You could tell that the CDS major definitely had some rockin personalities based on our caps! The college of education decided that they would have the graduates announce their own names rather than mispronounce them, so of course I took full advantage by shouting my name and giving a nice fist pump at the end! After everyone was announced we walked out of the the basketball court, Mac Court, as the last graduating class in that building to the song "I gotta feeling" by Black Eyed Peas! It really was so exciting and such a good day! Then we went to dinner at PF Changs and ice cream at the infamous Prince Pucklers and finished clearing everything out of the apartment in order to drive home the next day!

The CDS Major




My cap!

The drive home was needless to say a drive straight from hell. Usually the drive takes a miserable 13 hours, but because of an accident involving a semi truck that completely shut down the freeway for at least 5 hours, a lot of construction, being incredibly tired, and Missy getting pulled over and receiving her first speeding ticket the trip was a horrible 16 hours instead. Yeah.... I will never be making that drive again, see ya Eugene!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones